Business & Finance
- Better Business Bureau (BBB) - Helps people find and recommend businesses, brands, and charities they can trust.
- Economy at a Glance - Provides access to the daily releases of key economic indicators from the Bureau of Economic Analysis.
- Federal Business Opportunities - A one-stop virtual marketplace where vendors and buyers can post, search, monitor, and retrieve opportunities solicited by the Federal contracting community
- Moody's - Ratings on over 170,000 corporate, government and structured finance securities.
- United States Census Bureau Economic Statistics - Detailed economic statistics to help your industry, community, and business.
- United States Patent and Trademark Office - File for and search trademarks and patents online.
- USA.gov: Business and Non-profits - Find resources on starting and managing a business, selling to and buying from the government, exporting, importing, and much more.
- Wall Street Journal - Online version of the journal that contains a searchable archive of citations of articles and selected free content.
Small Business Resources
- Business Owners' Idea Cafe - Information on starting a business, idea, financing, marketing, and more.
- The Entrepreneur's Reference Guide - A bibliography and guide to resources for small business owners.
- Get Your Business Online - Free tools from Google to place your business listing on Google, create a website, and have your business listed in Google Maps searches.
- National Federation of Independent Business - Resources, news, events, and everything under the sun for the independent business owner.
- SCORE - Free small business advice business coaches show you how to start a business from your business idea, avoiding some of the main pitfalls. Available at the library the second and fourth Tuesdays every month from 10 a.m. - 2 p.m. by appointment only. Call 724-1525 ext. 4112 to schedule.
- Small Business Administration - Information on starting and managing a business, loans and grants, contracting, and more.
- Small Business Resource Network - Helps businesses succeed by connecting them with interested, experienced professionals, service providers and government agencies.
- Small Business and Self-Employed Tax Center - Resources from the IRS including all pertinent forms and publications.
Local Business Resources
- Bureau of Economic and Business Resources, University of Florida - Data, statistics, and demographic information for Florida business owners.
- Florida Department of Business & Professional Regulation - Verify, renew, apply for, and update business licenses online.
- Florida Department of Financial Services - Information and help for industry professionals and organizations regulated, managed, or licensed by the Department.
- Florida Department of Revenue Start-Up Kit - A gateway for documents routinely distributed to new business registrants.
- Florida Department of State Division of Corporations - Search and access filed information for corporations, limited liability companies, limited partnerships, general partnerships, trademarks, fictitious name registrations and liens.
- Florida Small Business - A new business startup guide containing information on business plans, taxes, insurance, labor laws, financing, and more.
- Pinellas County Economic Development - Works with existing businesses to encourage expansion and seeks to attract new companies to Central Florida's Gulf Coast.
- Small Business Development Center (USF) - Delivers, through certified professionals, consulting, training and information to help businesses succeed and create positive impact for the Florida economy.
- Tampa Bay Business Journal - Online version of the journal containing up to date business news for Tampa Bay.
Finance & Investing
- Bankrate - Compare rates for mortgages, banks, credit cards, CDs, money market, insurance, and more.
- Barron's - Financial and investing news including quotes.
- Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC) - Provides the latest comprehensive financial and demographic data for every FDIC-insured institution.
- Financialized - Guides to banking, investing, mortgages, and more.
- FinancialWeb - An independent source for personal finance information, education and advice.
- Mint - A free online financial management system.
- Morningstar - Information on stocks, bonds, funds, personal finance, quotes, and investment research.
- Personal Finance Terms Glossary - A glossary of over 2,200 financial terms.
- Value Line - Information on stocks, investments, mutual funds, the market, newsletters and more.