Health & Medicine
- American Red Cross Digital Materials - First Aid, CPR, AED, BLS, and more - all the manuals published by the Red Cross available free of charge.
- Healthcare.gov - The official site of the government Health Insurance Marketplace. Learn how the health care law affects you and see your health insurance choices.
- InteliHealth - Contains recent health news, information on diseases and conditions, a drug resource center, medical dictionary, and more.
- National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine (NCCAM) - NCCAM is the Federal Government's lead agency for scientific research on complementary and alternative medicine.
- Public Health Resources - Contains links to a variety of resources pertaining to the world's most pressing public health concerns including online journals and free course materials from top universities.
- U.S. Department of Health & Human Services - The government’s principal agency for protecting the health of all Americans and providing essential human services, especially for those who are least able to help themselves.
- Women's Health - Provides information on a variety of health topics for women from the Office on Women’s Health at the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
- Clinical Trials - A registry and results database of publicly and privately supported clinical studies of human participants conducted around the world.
- MedlinePlus - Health information for a wide variety of topics for all ages from the U.S. National Library of Medicine.
- PubMed - Provides more than 24 million citations for biomedical literature from MEDLINE, life science journals, and online books. May include links to full-text content.
Diseases & Conditions
- Mayo Clinic Health Information - Information on diseases and conditions, symptoms, tests and procedures, and drugs and supplements.
- WebMD - Offers physician-reviewed health content including information on diseases and conditions including the symptoms.
Nutrition & Food
- Food and Drug Administration - Official site of the U.S. FDA containing information on food, drugs, medical devices, vaccines, cosmetics, tobacco products, radiation-emitting products, and veterinary products.
- FoodSafety.gov - Information from U.S. Department of Health & Human Services about food recalls, food poisoning, and how to keep food safe.
- Nutrition.gov - Provides easy, online access to government information on food and human nutrition for consumers.
- Nutrition Data - Contains detailed nutrition information, plus unique analysis tools that tell you more about how foods affect your health and make it easier to choose healthy foods.
- USDA Food and Nutrition Information Center - Provides credible, accurate, and practical resources for nutrition and health professionals, educators, government personnel and consumers.
- Pinellas County Department of Health - Information on a variety of programs and services, data and statistics, and health issues that affect Pinellas County.
Find a Provider
- AMA Doctor Finder - Provides you with basic professional information on virtually every licensed physician in the United States. This includes more than 814,000 doctors.
- American Hospital Directory - Provides data and statistics about more than 6,000 hospitals nationwide.
- Florida Department of Health Practitioner Profile - Profiles for all doctors registered in the state of Florida.
- Florida Health Finder - Locate a facility or provider, find and compare nursing homes, health plans, and more.
- Medicare Physician Compare - Search by specialty or location to find a medical professional that accepts Medicare benefits.