Help Keep Safety Harbor Beautiful
The City of Safety Harbor Commission created the Adopt-A-Street program in June 1993. This program is a public education and awareness program dedicated to providing waste reduction, recycling and litter prevention strategies that impact the citizens of our community by encouraging clubs, businesses, civic, youth, and non-profit organizations to volunteer to remove litter along roadways within our city limits. The Adopt-A-Street Program encourages organizations to adopt an area of roadway about one mile in length with residential and commercial use for litter control four times per year.
Adopt-A-Street Program promotes community pride by demonstrating to residents, tourists and businesses that the community is active, energetic and cares about a clean and safe environment. Information on Awareness, Education and Litter Prevention is offered throughout the year and is available to all members of the community.
You can Make a Difference! Safety Harbor is dedicated to providing a means for you to make a difference and take pride in our community. Become a volunteer! We encourage government agencies, businesses, and private citizens to join in. Join us today to pave the way for future generations.
Benefits in participating in the Adopt-A-Street Program
- Feel ownership and pride in your community
- Set an example for others.
- Improve the quality of life in your neighborhood.
- Get free recognition for your company or group.
- Make a difference in your community. Trash affects everyone!
- Contact the City of Safety Harbor Public Works Department for a complete package of the Guidelines, procedures and contract agreement.
- Sign an agreement to adopt a City street, parkway or right-of-way for a one year period.
- Make a commitment to perform a clean up four times a year.
- Follow program procedures.
- Attend a safety class before scheduling first clean up.
- Upon completion of the training, contact Public Works at (727) 724-1550 to arrange for pick up of the necessary equipment.
- After clean up, return all equipment to the program coordinator.
- Send in a report to the City of Safety Harbor Public Works office after the event with the number of volunteers, hours worked, and bags of litter collect.