Please read Meeting Room Policy thoroughly, then scroll down to the end of this page to accept the policy to reserve a room or cancel a previous reservation.
The Safety Harbor Public Library (SHPL) maintains meeting room facilities that are intended to further the library’s mission to facilitate the exchange of diverse ideas and information. The primary purpose of meeting rooms is for library activities, including programs presented by library staff, the Friends of the Library, the Library Foundation, and other organizations affiliated with the library or the City of Safety Harbor. Outside groups wishing to use Library meeting room facilities are required to follow established policies and procedures for room use.
A. Meeting Room Space Reservation – Group Use Definitions
1. Non-profit organizations may reserve a SHPL meeting room free of charge for meetings or civic, cultural, governmental, and educational programs within normal Library business hours. Proof of non-profit status must be provided at the time of reservation. All non-profit meetings must be open to the public.
2. Businesses, associations, and individuals not qualifying for non-profit status, and who match the descriptions below, may rent a meeting room in accordance with the SHPL Meeting Room Rental Fees and the Meeting Room Policy.
- Any business or association
- Any individual or private group
- Any non-profit charitable organization, civic group, or public education agency for a private function or fundraising event
3. After-hours fee. Any group wishing to use a SHPL meeting room beyond the library’s regular hours of operation will be required to schedule and pay for an after-hours staff person to be present during the meeting and to secure the library facility after the group members leave. Groups that use a meeting room after normal library hours will be required to pay the after-hours staff assistance fee of twenty-five ($25.00) per hour, in full hour increments only, payable at least fourteen (14) days in advance. Meeting Room Fees
1. Access will be provided on equal terms, regardless of the beliefs or affiliations of individuals or groups requesting use. Availability is on a first-come, first-served basis, and limited to one meeting per month.
B. Meeting Room Use - General Guidelines
2. Groups may apply for use of a meeting room for regular on-going monthly meetings for up to five (5) months at a time, based on the regular calendar year January through December, with a maximum of one (1) meeting per month. Standing reservations are not guaranteed.
3. Meeting rooms should be reserved at least 48 hours in advance, if a room is available, and may be scheduled up to five (5) months in advance. If a reservation is made the same day, any applicable rental fee will be required in cash prior to taking control of the room. (See Meeting Room Rental Contract).
4. An online Meeting Room Reservation Contact must be completed in full. The reservation is not confirmed until the completed application and deposit (if required) are received and approved. The scheduling process is not complete until you receive confirmation either by email or a phone call.
5. Notice of cancellation must be made at least 24 hours in advance. To cancel a reservation, return to the home page to cancel, thus freeing the space for other groups. Two cancellations without proper notice or no shows within 12 months will result in forfeiture of meeting room privileges.
6. SHPL meeting rooms are available for use during library hours of operation. Meetings must conclude ten (10) minutes before the library closes, unless prior arrangements and payment have been made for an after-hours Staff person. Furniture may be rearranged but must be returned to its original position at the close of the meeting. Meeting rooms must be left clean and in the same condition as they were prior to the meeting and all trash must be emptied or secured. A check list will be provided for your convenience at the time of sign-in.
7. Permission to use a SHPL meeting room includes customary use of furniture, fixtures, restrooms, kitchen, and equipment if available. All other items, including kitchen supplies, must be provided by the person or group reserving the room.
8. The library assumes no liability for theft or damage to property brought onto library premises or for injuries that occur as a result of actions of sponsors or participants in activities in meeting rooms; nor does the Library assume responsibility for any loss, damage, repair and replacement expense that may arise during the use of SHPL facilities.
9. Meeting room programs and groups should not interfere with library operations and all meeting activity must take place within the reserved room. Accompanying children must be supervised by adults from the group and remain in the meeting room at all times. Meeting room users must abide by the SHPL Patron Code of Conduct posted in the Library and attached hereto, and applicable laws, including occupancy regulations.
10. Failure to comply with the Meeting Room Policy or Patron Code of Conduct may result in loss of meeting room privileges, immediately, or in the future. The Library Director is responsible for the administration of the policy and for establishing administrative procedures for its implementation.
11. The meeting rooms are for use by the public for noncommercial use only. No outside group may charge admission directly or indirectly to any meeting held in these facilities nor may it solicit or collect a voluntary contribution, or present for sale any item. Sales of goods and services are not allowed except for workshop materials and/or civic or hobby club items. The library retains the right to deny the space to any user whose planned use of the space does not comply with these terms and conditions.
12. The individual who applies for meeting room use (21 years old or above) must have a Pinellas Public Library Cooperative (PPLC) Library Card in good standing, will be personally responsible, guarantee orderly behavior, and underwrite any damage due to their use of the library facilities. Liability will be assumed by the applicant with regard to any personal or property damage arising out of the activities of the group. Acceptance of this Meeting Room Policy constitutes an agreement for such liability.
13. Permission for use of a library meeting room does not imply SHPL or City of Safety Harbor endorsement of the views, opinions, policies, or activities of groups or organizations using the library’s facilities. Any announcement or publicity implying such endorsement is prohibited. Neither the SHPL nor the City of Safety Harbor is responsible for the accuracy, use, or consequence of statements made during such meetings.
14. The Library Director reserves the right to terminate a reservation at any time without prior notice for any reason deemed appropriate by said Director, and the user waives any claim for loss of use or rental fees.
15. Groups will abide by City of Safety Harbor Health and Fire Codes.
16. The Library can not advertise for events held in the meeting rooms by outside groups and will promote and PR internal Library sponsored and events only.
Accept Meeting Room Policy Here to Proceed to Meeting Room Reservation Page.