COVID-19 Information and Updates
Safety Harbor Public Library is now OPEN to the Public
We will be operating at reduced hours and with the following changes:
- New hours are Monday-Friday: 10:00AM - 6:00PM, Saturday: 10:00AM - 5:00PM, Sunday: Closed
- The library will open to the public at 50% occupancy
- Social distancing required with six feet of separation between all patrons and staff
- Seating has been arranged to accommodate social distancing
- Public use computers are limited due to social distancing requirements
- Public computer session time is limited to one hour
- Library staff will be wearing face masks. We encourage the public to also wear masks.
- Safety shields have been installed at all service desks
- One-on-one staff assistance is limited
- Patrons are encouraged to use self-check-out stations
- Library programs are suspended until further notice
- Meeting rooms and study rooms are closed until further notice. (No outside public meetings permitted.)
- Teen room is limited to two teens at a time for computer use only. All games are removed.
- The Art Nook and Imaginative Play areas are closed
- Cleaning of touch points including doorknobs, keyboards, etc., will occur daily. Patrons are provided wipes to clean keyboards prior to using public computers.
- Summer reading for all ages will be available online soon
- Staff is working on providing other virtual services
- Tool Library will be open
- Patrons are requested to sign-in when entering the building for COVID-19 community contact tracing
- Returned Items are quarantined for 48 hours
- No volunteers until further notice
- Donations not accepted until further notice
The Library offers home delivery for Safety Harbor residents of all ages unable to physically visit the library due to illness, disability, or injury. This service is free, available on a long-term or temporary basis.
Due to the current COVID-19 conditions, the Library is expanding this delivery service to residents aged 65 and older who are not comfortable visiting the Library. Items are left in bags at your front door for return and pick up without social interaction. Home delivery patrons can call for advice on what to read or request specific materials. Items are checked out your library card, delivered to your door, and picked-up for return by a library ambassador on a bi-monthly basis. If you need a library card, we can assist.
For more information or to register for home delivery service, visit the Outreach page for an application, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 727-724-1525 x 4107.
For information on COVID-19 prevention, preparation, symptoms, and more, check the following resources: