COVID-19 Information and Updates
NOTICE: FACE COVERINGS REQUIRED IN CITY FACILITIES
Consistent with the Pinellas County Board of County Commissioners Emergency Ordinance #20-14 requiring that citizens wear face coverings in indoor public places, effective immediately the City of Safety Harbor is requiring face coverings to enter all City of Safety Harbor public facilities except for those exclusions provided in the county ordinance.
Curbside Pick-up Available
We realize patrons may not be comfortable visiting the Library so we are offering curbside pick-up service during open hours. Please arrive at least 15 minutes before closing time (5:45PM on Mondays-Fridays and 4:45PM Saturdays).
How do I request items?
- Visit the library catalog to find items you want and place holds. Make sure the pickup library is set to Safety Harbor.
- You can also call or email us to place hold requests if you are unable to use the online catalog.
- When your items are available, you will be notified with an automated phone call or email message.
- Come to the library and park near the front entrance, then call us at 727-724-1525 x4118 or x4112 to let us know you're here for curbside pickup.
- Have your photo ID ready and we will bring the already checked out items to your car.
We will be operating at reduced hours and with the following changes:
- New hours are Monday-Friday: 10:00AM - 6:00PM, Saturday: 10:00AM - 5:00PM, Sunday: Closed
- The library will open to the public at 50% occupancy
- Social distancing required with six feet of separation between all patrons and staff
- Seating has been arranged to accommodate social distancing
- Public use computers are limited due to social distancing requirements
- Public computer session time is limited to one hour
- Safety shields have been installed at all service desks
- One-on-one staff assistance is limited
- Patrons are encouraged to use self-check-out stations
- Meeting rooms are closed until further notice (no outside public meetings permitted). Study rooms are open.
- Teen room is limited to two teens at a time for computer use only. All games are removed.
- The Art Nook and Imaginative Play areas are closed
- Cleaning of touch points including doorknobs, keyboards, etc., will occur daily. Patrons are provided wipes to clean keyboards prior to using public computers.
- Returned Items are quarantined for 72 hours
- No volunteers until further notice
- Donations in good condition accepted Wednesday - Friday only
Home Delivery Expanded to All over Age 65
The Library offers home delivery for Safety Harbor residents of all ages unable to physically visit the library due to illness, disability, or injury. This service is free, available on a long-term or temporary basis.
Due to the current COVID-19 conditions, the Library is expanding this delivery service to residents aged 65 and older who are not comfortable visiting the Library. Items are left in bags at your front door for return and pick up without social interaction. Home delivery patrons can call for advice on what to read or request specific materials. Items are checked out your library card, delivered to your door, and picked-up for return by a library ambassador on a bi-monthly basis. If you need a library card, we can assist.
For more information or to register for home delivery service, visit the Outreach page for an application, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 727-724-1525 x 4107.
For information on COVID-19 prevention, preparation, symptoms, and more, check the following resources: