Local Business Taxes
Business Tax and Home Occupation Applications
- Commercial Business Tax Application (PDF)
- Home-Based Business Tax Application (PDF)
- BTR Exemption Form (PDF)
- New Business Form (PDF)
Local Business Tax Application Procedures
- Any person engaging in or managing any business, occupation, or profession in the City of Safety Harbor or conducting business using a Safety Harbor PO box is required to have an approved business license before beginning work in Safety Harbor.
- Prior to submitting a business tax application, fill out a "New Business Form" so staff can assist you with the steps necessary to receive the business tax. Some business tax applications are considered a "change of occupancy" and may require renovations prior to applying for a business tax.
- After staff contacts you with instructions and renovations are completed to the space, a business tax application is submitted to the city. A link to the local business tac application is above.
- Home business tax applications (PDF) will be reviewed by staff.
- Once approved, the business owner will be notified by e-mail.
- A link to payment options is below: http://cityofsafetyharbor.com/814/Payment-Options
- When fees are received and processed, the local business tax will be e-mailed or mailed.
- A renewal fee is due annually. Renewal notices are mailed annually in July and due by September 30th of each year. If September 30th falls on a weekend or holiday, the tax is due on or before the first working day following September 30th.
- Receipts that are delinquent are subject to penalty and code enforcement.
Starting a New Business
For more information regarding starting a new business in Safety Harbor, pleas visit the link below:
If you have any questions, please contact Marcie Stenmark at: email@example.com